What is SEO really? If you’ve been wondering what SEO is. On this post I’ll explain it in full. SEO short for Search Engine Optimization is the combined techniques to optimize any web page to rank higher on search engines.
If you were wondering how search engines work, this post might give you a light. Search Engine Optimization can help your business gain more customers.
Mastering those techniques gives those who can rank higher in search engines more leads. It does not not matter whether they working for themselves or for other companies.
Having an understanding of what is seo and how search engines work is one of the major advantage to ranking any web page high.
Ranking in the top 100 is considered to be good in most cases. There are some websites that can not even reach the top 100 on the search results page.
Why is that? because their pages might not have the necessary SEO features.
If you can constantly show in the top rankings on major search engines like Google or Yahoo you could easily get more business coming your way. Those site visitors can turn into buyers over a certain period of time
On Page and Off Page SEO
When talking about Search Engine Optimization we can not leave on page and off page optimization.
On Page Optimization – includes optimizing your page internally, making your web pages easy to crawl by search engines. Webmasters can not miss this one since it is the basic part of optimizing your your web pages.
On Page Optimizing should include the following:
- Title – Should be bold and include keywords in
- Meta description – Should be precise and also include keywords as well
- URL and Hyperlinks – should have internal and external links, mostly internal
- Image Optimization -should include a descriptive ALT Tag
- Keywords and content length – Write over 500 words on your posts and keep your keyword density between 2-4% at all times.
- Sitemap – Submit your website URL to all the big search engines and use the google webmasters tool to make sure the search engines can read the site.
Off Page Optimization
Off page includes more sophisticated type of optimization. This is the technique you can use to send traffic to your site using backlinks. Here are some of the things to look at when doing off page seo:
- Google Analytics– is free and it helps analyse your site’s performance and to see what people get to end up on your page.
- Social Media– Create accounts in the major social media sites like facebook, tweeter, Google+, LinkedIn and others. Be active and post as often as you can with the links back to your posts.
- Keyword Tracking– Keep track of the keywords used to link visitors back to your site, you can manually do that on google or find any other free or paid tool on the internet.
Types of SEO
White Hat SEO, Black Hat SEO and Gray Hat SEO
White Hat SEO – refers to the authentic method followed by SEO specialists to rank high on search engines result pages. Google has set the standard for most search engines and White Hat SEO follows those standards.
White Hat SEO includes writing quality content for your site. Quality content also include writing long content, including relevant keywords in the write places. Including hyper-links for both internal and external use, including meta description and more.
Black Hat SEO – it refers to the techniques that do not comply to the standards set by search engines. Using this techniques can be faulty since they do not follow the Google guidelines.
Those techniques might include keyword staffing, including non relevant links, hiding keywords with the background colour and more. Read more about white hat and black hat seo.
Gray Hat – This is a combination of both white hat and black hat techniques. The internet marketer can follow the search engine guidelines on some occasions. But then add a bit of black hat on on some instances to optimize he’s/her content.
Common Black Hat SEO techniques include spam links, keyword stuffing, cloaking, hidden text, and hidden links and other incorrect methods.
Organic Search vs Paid Search
Organic search – The techniques used for this type of search is organic or natural. Using organic search is the most recommended method since the marketer follows search engine guidelines to rank for the higher spot in search engine results.
White Hat SEO falls under this type of method, since it follows the natural guidelines of SEO.
Paid search – as the name states, paid search are advertisements or ads that you can buy to rank high on search engines results.
All types of search are a result of related keywords typed by a search engine user. This ads are sponsored and they display on the to right just above the organic search just below the search box on search engines
Conclusion on what is seo
I hope this information will be available to you. Learning what is seo should get you closer to rank high on search engines.
If you are starting an online business you will have to learn how to start a blog. Use all the techniques of SEO to drive traffic to your blog or website.